Saturday 28 February 2009

A spring in my step

Today I'm full of the joys of spring, even though it's still only February. I really enjoyed my long run this morning. It was sunny and fresh, which makes such a difference from the miserable, dark and cold evenings of winter.

I definitely prefer running in daylight. It's not long now until the clocks go forward and I for one can't wait. Take Thursday night, for example. I had the smart idea of doing some hill reps on a grassy slope in the dark. Big mistake. The running part, although challenging, was fun. The 'scraping hard-packed dog poo off my shoe with a toothbrush' part was not.

This morning the miles (6 and a half) flew past as I took the time to admire the early flowers and returning greenery in the sunshine. Mind you, I had to avert my eyes as I ran past the pond. It's clearly frog mating season. Ah, the wonders of nature!

Now, if only I could get my diet sorted out. A cup of tea with a Creme Egg is just too tempting.

1 comment:

  1. Surely the 6.5 miles earned you a Creme Egg?

    Yuck on the dog poo.

    ReplyDelete