Wednesday 11 February 2009

Rocky style

I got my heart rate monitor back yesterday - it ran out of batteries about 6 months ago and I only just got round to getting it fixed. I had forgotten what a great motivator it is. I can tell if I'm slacking (or working too hard) because it beeps furiously at me and I can set a calorie-burning goal to work towards. But by the time it arrived, I'd already done my David Kirsch Ultimate Bootcamp DVD, which I LOVE, and been for a 3 mile run with the dog. I put it back in it's box and started planning this morning's training...Rocky style!

After a 15 minute yoga blast I fuelled up with some peanut butter on toast and gave it an hour to settle. I got the bike trainer set up and put on a race simulation DVD from CTS - it's like having a private spin class in your own living room, but even more challenging. I was just looking at their website now and see that they also do audio downloads for interval running, so I'll have to try some of those soon. After an hour on the bike, I practiced my triathlon 'transistion', which was laughable, and went straight out for a run. My legs were jelly for the first 10 minutes but I got into my stride and really enjoyed it. The best bit was getting home to see from my watch that I'd burned over 800 calories. Rocky would be proud.

Of course, this warranted a proper refuel, so I made my favourite recovery shake:

  • 1 small banana
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • 1 handful frozen berries
  • Milk
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment