Monday 9 February 2009

Bootcamp week

I'm on holiday by myself this week and on a serious fitness mission. For a brief moment in early January, I had considered booking myself on a bootcamp holiday for the week. But I wasn't sure about spending £1000+ of my hard-earned cash to run around the hills being shouted at by a scary-looking ex-army trainer. Ok, I'll admit it, that actually does sound like fun to me, but I really couldn't justify spending the money. So I decided to put together my own home-made bootcamp fitness regime. I started on Saturday with a 6 mile run and yesterday went for a big walk with the dog and another 5 mile run. I could really feel it in my legs this morning so I took it fairly easy today. Another big walk and a good stretch out with my Tracy Anderson DVD. I took the opportunity to set up a makeshift spa retreat and had a lovely long bath, did a body scrub and detox mud wrap. By the end of all that I was shattered and needed a sleep. What a lovely way to spend a Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment