Monday 28 December 2009

It's been a while!

Okay so I know it's been a very, very long time since my last post. It may seem that my dedication to writing this blog has waned but the truth is I've just been too busy. I see that it was back in September that I last wrote - where did the last few months go?

Well, I managed to complete the Loch Ness Marathon. Huffing and puffing my way round in 4 hours and 11 minutes. A whole hour and 9 minutes behind my husband. Even though I'd been much more religious and structured about my training than him. Natural athletes - grrr! The hills were horrendous - apparently the scenery is beautiful but I can't remember seeing anything at all after about 15 or 16 miles. No Loch Ness monster. No castles. Not even the loch! I recovered much more quickly than after my last marathon attempt 4 years ago and have even now signed up for the Edinburgh one in May 2010. Less than 5 months to go so I'm now starting to think about a training plan again.

I'm absolutely determined to break 4 hours this time. It should be do-able because the course is really flat compared to Loch Ness. We'll see. In the past I've tended to use a 3-days-a-week schedule (like the FIRST ones), but I think I'm going old-school this time and aiming for 4 or 5 runs a week. Since I last posted, we've moved office (far, far away!) and I've started studying for a Masters, but I think I can just about fit in a lunchtime run 3 or 4 times a week and then go for the big one on a Saturday. That should still leave me time to fit in one or two evening weights or yoga sessions and a Sunday bike ride. I'm going to be a busy bee. Even so, I'll try to be a bit better and update this once a month.

Anyway, it's still Christmas, so I'll sign off for now. The chocolates and cheese and biccies are calling. After all, I need to have something to run off in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment