Sunday 3 May 2009

PW to PB in 4 weeks

Just a quickie today as it's my second day in my brand new job tomorrow (hence the lack of postings).  I ran a 10k this morning and managed to make a PB (50 min 46) in spite of my relatively rubbish performance in the half marathon last month.

One contributing factor could be the fact that I joined the local running club a couple of weeks ago and went out running with the big boys on the track on Thursday.  Okay so it's not really long enough to make a massive difference to my fitness but I think it made me realise that I can push myself harder than I have been.

To celebrate, I've now entered two more half marathons this summer and... wait for it... a marathon in October.  I'll keep you posted with the progress (after I've got my head around my new job).

No comments:

Post a Comment